Advances in medicine and medical technology are usually very beneficial to those with serious medical conditions such as heart disease, degenerative joint disorders, arthritis and hypertension. Many new medical devices come out annually and have made it possible for people to lead longer, fuller, and happier lives. Unfortunately, some medical devices that are meant to improve quality of life are ill-equipped to do the job, causing unnecessary suffering, painful injuries, and even deaths in trusting and hopeful patients.While some defective medical devices cause injuries without the manufacturer’s knowledge, many such products are released onto the market before the full extent of the danger is known. As with dangerous medications the makers are aware of defects in their medical device, but ignore the risks to patients in favor of high sales. Lawsuits caused by faulty or flawed medical devices are one of the most common forms of mass tort litigation in the United States and each year billions are awarded to victims who have been seriously harmed, or who have lost a loved one, due to faulty medical devices. If you have been injured by a medical device of any sort please contact our mass tort attorneys handling lawsuits related to defective medical devices. All consults are free and they charge nothing unless they recover for you and your family.
With an office in Pittsburgh they serve all of Pennsylvania including Allegheny County, Blair County, Erie County & Centre County, PA.
Defective Medical Device Lawsuits
Even if a product was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), you can still hold the manufacturer liable for causing your suffering. We can help fight for you to collect damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and future medical care—all while you take time to heal.
Our defective medical device injury lawyers can help you recover benefits and compensation for injuries due to a wide range of defective medical devices, including:
- IVC Blood Clot Filter Major recall on IVC filters. What’s designed to prevent blood clots can lead to serious injuries or even death. Don’t wait, call us now and we can help.
- Hip implants. Many metal-on-metal hip devices have been recalled in recent years due to their high failure rates. The Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II modular-neck hip stem implants have been linked to metallosis and early failure since 2009, while DePuy hip devices (such as the ASR XL Acetabular System) were recalled due to a high failure rate and an increased need for early revision surgery.
- Knee implants. In 2015, the FDA recalled the popular Zimmer Persona knee implant after receiving numerous reports about the device’s tendency to loosen and create large gaps between the Zimmer device and the patient’s bone matter.
- Transvaginal mesh. Hundreds of women who have received vaginal mesh devices for treatment of incontinence and weakened pelvic muscles have filed suits against the device’s manufacturers. Past lawsuits indicate that many devices, including the Gynecare Prolift, Gynemesh, and tension-free vaginal tape-obturator (TVT-O), caused a variety of complications, including organ damage, pelvic pain, device erosion, and surgical removal.
- Surgical devices. Patients benefit from a number of medical devices during a surgical procedure, and a poorly-designed product can place them at particular risk when they are most vulnerable. For example, many patients are kept warm during surgery with forced-air warming devices such as the 3M Bair Hugger. Unfortunately, some patients have reported serious deep tissue infections after their exposure to contaminated air circulated by the Bair Hugger device during surgery. As the Bair Hugger device is used in millions of surgeries every year, there may be no end to the number of patients at risk.
It is vital that you consult with a lawyer to find out if you could be owed a settlement for your injury. There are many existing class action suits pending in court for medical device injuries, and you may be entitled to a portion of the damages.
We can get the justice you deserve while you concentrate on your recovery. Call the defective medical device attorneys at Friday & Cox, LLC to discuss the details of your case. Your consultation with us is always free, and you pay no attorney fees unless we win your case!