Pennsylvania Attorneys Handling Mass Torts
Have you, or a loved one, suffered serious injury due to a dangerous drug such as Oxycontin or other opioids, a Type 2 diabetes medication, arthritis drug or perhaps defective medical device? Have the injuries left you unable to work, pay your bills and support your family? Have they lessened the quality of your life? Are you facing seemingly endless health issues and medical issues due to your injuries? If so, you may be entitled to benefits and financial compensation. You need the help of an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney handling mass tort cases, mass tort lawsuits and defective product litigation claims.
Please contact our Pennsylvania mass tort attorneys for a free consultation. They charge no legal fees unless they recover on your behalf. In addition, they serve those injured due to defective medical device and dangerous medications in all of Pennsylvania and West Virginia. This includes Altoona, Allentown, Bethel Park, York, Harrisburg, Gettysburg, McKeesport, Erie, State College, Norristown, Philadelphia, Media, Broomall, Beaver, Butler, Washington, Pittsburgh, Charleston, Parkersburg, Wheeling & Morgantown.
Dangerous Drug & Defective Product Cases Our Attorneys Handle
The Pittsburg Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers on our team have extensive experience handling all types of mass tort injury claims related to harmful medications and defective medical devices. These can be, but are not limited to:
1) Type 2 diabetes medications such as Invokana & Riomet ER
2) Taxotere chemotherapy medication lawsuits resulting in permanent hair loss aka alopecia
3) Risperdal antipsychotic medication resulting in serious injury, suicide or wrongful death
4) Accutane acne medication lawsuits for Crohn’s Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, suicide and birth defects
5) Xarelto blood thinner lawsuits for internal bleeding, hemorrhagic stroke, Deep Vein Thrombosis, wrongful death and wound leakage
6) Nexium heart burn medication injury claims due to kidney disease, kidney failure, renal injuries and acute interstitial nephritis
7) IVC filter blood clot prevention devices for filter fracture, impossible filter removal, filter replacement, filter migration, blood clots & wrongful death
8) Hip implant recall lawsuits resulting in metal poisoning, dislocation, tissue damage, pain, implant failure and surgical revision
9) Trans-vaginal mesh lawsuits resulting in erosion, physical pain, organ perforation and dyspareunia
10) DaVinci surgical robots burn injury lawsuits for bleeding, burns, organ damage, nerve injury and wrongful death
11) Johnson & Johnson talcum powder ovarian cancer claims due to asbestos in the talc
12) Essure contraceptive injury cases for issues like bleeding, device migration, unwanted pregnancy, weight gain, nickel sensitivity and hysterectomy
13) Roundup weed killer Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) and other cancer cases in both adults and children
14) Hernia mesh recall lawsuits for claims related to bleeding, pain, infections, organ damage, adhesions, autoimmune disorders and bowel obstructions
15) Allergan breast implant recall lawsuits and BIA-ALCL claims and other cancers
16) Opioid addiction lawsuits involving Percocet, Fentanyl, Morphine, Oxycontin and Oxycodone leading to chemical dependency, opioid abuse and wrongful death due to a drug overdose
17) Takata defective airbag injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims involving eye injuries, blindness, concussions, burns, neck injuries, spinal cord injuries and wrongful death
18) General Motors defective airbag injury claims, GM ignition switch recall lawsuits due to switch malfunction resulting in auto accidents, serious injury and accidental death
19) Defective product lawsuit claims and faulty medical device cases such as the Da Vinci surgical robot, Monsanto weedkiller cancer claims in adults and children, firefighter foam cancer lawsuits, 3M earplug lawsuits for veterans, DeVry hip implants and more
20) Dangerous and harmful medications such as Zantac ranitidine lawsuits, Truvada injury claims, Xanax, Fentanyl, Percocet, Vicodin, medications with N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), Topamax, Oxycodone, Oxycontin, Warfarin, Methadone, Statins, blood thinners, Methotrexate, unnecessary antibiotics, Valsartan, Uloric, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF) HIV medications, Belviq, Prilosec, Elmiron, Viberzi and Zostavax.
21) Elmiron blindness, maculopathy, vision loss injury lawsuits.
22) Pressure cooker explosions resulting in sever burns, scarring and disfigurement. There have been millions of recalled pressure cookers by manufacturers such as Farberware, Ultrex-Brand, Breville, Manttra, Double Insight, Crock-Pot Multi Cookers, Tristar Products, NuWave Pressure Cookers, Power Pressure Cooker XL, Instant Pot, Nutri-Pot, Cook’s Essentials, Maxi Matic & Cuisinart models PPC770, PPC780, PPC 790, TRI6 & WAL1.
Of course, there are many other dangerous medications and defective medical devices that can injure, maim and kill the same patient they are supposed to help. To discuss your case with our experienced Pittsburgh Pennsylvania mass tort attorneys please contact them for a free consultation.
How Do Dangerous Drug & Faulty Medical Device Injury Claims Happen
Greed is the culprit in most defective medical device and dangerous drug injury claims. Almost always the company who has first F.D.A. approval has a certain amount of time in which only they can manufacture that drug or medical device. It is only a matter of time before the market become smote competitive and they no longer have a stranglehold on the market so they fudge numbers, are not forthright with the true dangers of the drug or device or feel that the drug or device will make them so much money that they can settle the cases out of court and still come out ahead. For all of the good that modern medicine does the human races the humans that run the companies do the human race a great disservice.
In some mass tort, dangerous drug and defective medical product cases, such as the chemotherapy medication drug Taxotere, the pharmaceutical company Sanofi-Aventis knew the possible side effects but neglected to warn patients or give them the option of choosing another chemotherapy regimen. The drug manufacturer is now facing lawsuits for fraud, intentionally withholding information from the public and misrepresentation of their product. In the case of Taxotere, there is an equally effective drug called Taxol that does not carry with it the possibility of permanent hair loss. Again, greed and profits and the primary concerns of drug companies and the reasons for your injuries.
This is where our experienced mass tort attorneys come in. They fight relentlessly for the rights of the injury victims who were not in the best of health to begin with. They will make the drug companies and medical device companies accountable for their actions, drugs, devices and the harm they have caused you and your family.
Benefits Awarded In Dangerous Drug & Medical Device Lawsuits
Mass tort lawsuits, regardless of the states the injury took place in, offer the same types of benefits as other personal injury cases. These benefits can be:
Lost wages including past, current and future
Medical expenses including past, current and future
Pain and suffering compensation
Loss of parental guidance (if applicable)
Loss of companionship and or consortium
Punitive damages (if applicable)
Death and funeral benefits (if someone lost their life due to the drug or medical device)
Survival benefits (not applicable in all states)
Our team of Pittsburgh mass tort attorneys serving the entire country, including New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Miami and El Paso, will do everything needed to get you the benefits you are entitled to for your injuries.
Let Our Pennsylvania Mass Tort Injury Attorneys Help You
Mass tort injury claims differ from other injury cases such as auto accidents in that in a car accident claim you will be approached by the liable parties insurance carrier very soon after the accident. You may still be in the hospital or at home recuperating when they begin to hound you about settling for a quick and easy lump sum settlement. In a mass tort claim this does not happen. The drug company or medical equipment company will never approach you regarding their part in your injury nor will they offer you any money to keep you quiet and settle your claim.
You will need to go after them. That is where our highly skilled Pittsburgh Pennsylvania mass tort attorneys come in. They possess a wealth of experience going after, and winning against, large, conglomerate pharmaceutical companies and winning. Not just any personal injury attorney can make that claim. Please do not hesitate to contact our team of Pennsylvania mass tort injury lawyers immediately to discuss your case. They offer free consults and charge no fees if they do not recover for you and your family.
The PA Roundup weed killer injury lawyers on our team serve all of Pennsylvania. This includes Altoona, Allentown, Beaver, Bristol, Butler, Erie, Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Kennett Square, Media, Norristown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, State College, Upper Darby, Upper Dublin, Upper Providence, Wilkes-Barre & York, PA.